The project for the Development of a Petroleum Master Plan for Kenya was officially launched on 22/5/14 at the Offices of the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum.
The World Bank(WB) is providing assistance to the Government of Kenya through the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum (MoEP) for the development of this Master Plan.
The WB has appointed the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) Consortium to undertake the consultancy resulting in a Final Report on a Petroleum Master Plan that will culminate in an Implementation Roadmap for the Government of Kenya.The presentation of the FR is expected to take place in Mid-December 2014.
A Steering Committee to provide PWC Consortium with technical information has been established and it comprises the following organisations:
1. Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
2. Kenya Pipeline Company
3. The National Treasury
4. Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
5. Ministry of Devolution and Planning
6. National Oil Corporation of Kenya
7. National Environment Management Authority
8. Energy Regulatory Commission
9. Kenya Revenue Authority
10. Kenya Oil and Gas Association
12. Petroleum Institute of East Africa